Saturday, March 12, 2011

lost in space

Don't you love it when you find a song and connect with it like "Man this is my song" like i wrote the words.


I love that acoustic version he performs on tour. I like this different feel on the album too, but in a different way. (this version's sped up which detracts from it)


Songs that i identify with so much almost make me frustrated like I shoulda wrote that! I shoulda rapped that verse! Makes you want to just jump on the back of that song and continue it...

i got all this frustration
don't know what they're saying
think they know but its just for show so God i just keep on praying
their words just brush right past me
inner voice keeps laughing
all is gone i know its wrong can't help but feel I just keep on crashing
i'm lost in that place
floating out in space
body's cold nobody knows stuck in that hole without a trace
waiting for you to find me
as the devil keeps climbing
the sun comes up and the dark subsides but i just keep on hiding
or is it now that i'm weaker
deaf from the bass of my speakers
conscience gone the faded psalms with blinders on so i just can't see ya
i'm on that dark side, where all those sharks hide
swim for life but as much as i try i can't seem to get my heart right.
sick of disbelief. their one sided comments.
disregard what i feel in my heart when in the end i'm just being honest.
I am that broken mirror. I feel my soul is dying
Alone with thoughts i keep to myself don't help even when i feel I'm trying
I know he's there but i just can't feel him
Miss the days I used to see him
Before bitterness came and conquered, past knowledge and reason.

My sense of self feels gone. replaced by one unknown



More on "Lasers" by Lupe coming
p.s

Wonderful find. Poets rise up, food for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment